Wednesday 28 September 2011

Revising my Inquiry Plan

                                               RE-DIRECTION

 I have had to make some changes to my inquiry plan due to the fact that the theatre I was working at closed over the summer. The main reason for this was lack of funds. Since my inquiry was centered around the theatre and looking into the management there etc I have had to make some changes.


At first I was unsure what route to go. My inquiry involved looking at management and helping the theatre to succeed. Now there is no show and it has closed what could I inquire about? After my conversation with Paula yesterday, I realised that there are many issues there. What led to the downfall? What happened to management? How are the dancers dealing with this family organisation breaking up? When I say family organisation, it was not run by a family but felt like a home to many of us. We were all very close and treated eachother as such. But there are many issues with the way in which the theatre was run, what decisions were made and by whom and the organisational structure.
I also feel my time there developed my skills as a manager, being the dance captain and choreographer. I had never choreograhed in a professional setting before and now can put that on my CV. So some good came out of the experience for me personally. Financially there are still many ex-employees owed a lot of money, myself inclded and law suits going ahead. I still plan to interview employees of the theatre but will ensure they are kept anonomous for ethical reasons.

I am still focussing on the theatre, looking at what led to the downfall rather than how to improve management. This will still touch on management and marketing issues, what skills are needed for roles in arts and dance management as well as moving on from one job to another as a performer and career transition.

I decided to edit my plan using Wikispaces. This way you can see my original plan and the altered parts highlighted in blue. You can check this out at: https://inquiryplan.wikispaces.com/Inquiry+Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment