Wednesday 12 October 2011

Collecting Data

As the theatre I am doing my inquiry on has closed I have been thinking about what is the best way to get a survey done on all the ex-employees. As many of them have now left town or are hard to get a hold of I decided to rely on the very useful tool of Facebook. I have set up a page on 'Arts Management' and send invites to all old employees to "like" my page. As so many ex-employees from the company have a Facebook page, I thought this would be the best way to encourage people to discuss ideas and problems we faced and also take a quick survey.  Last semester I found Survey Monkey extremely easy to use and good way of capturing data. I only have a basic account which only allows 10 questions at a time so there will be more surveys to come.

The pros to this are that many people from the company are on my Facebook therefore it was simple to request them. I can also conduct multiple surveys and post the link to my wall, which allows people to easily access them.

You can view my Facebook page at:  Arts Management- CMT 
My survey on Survey Monkey at:  Why small businesses fail.

Both these are aimed at the theatre and its employees. Depending on the success I have on this page with getting people to participate in my survey, I may set up a page to for my wider community of dance and theatre professionals to discuss arts management topics and conduct surveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment