Friday 22 October 2010

Planning study time

I am due to leave for a Dance Contract on 11th-29th Dec for a Circus Festival Show in Holland. With a trip planned from my fiance when I return, I have been concerned about how I will complete the module for the deadline in January. So with this in mind I decided to set myself a study plan giving myself some targets to meet by putting time aside each week to complete them. Let me know what you think. Note that Task 2a: Reflective Journal will be an ongoing process.

WK 1 (25th-31st Oct):  Complete Reflective Writing task 2b and Reflective theory task 2c
WK 2 (1st-7th Nov):  Complete Inquiry task 2d
WK 3 (8th-14th Nov):  Read The Networked Professional Course Reader, attend Campus Day and raise any questions for part 3, blog about the day, complete task 3a Current Networks
WK 4 (15th-21st Nov):  Complete task 3b therories relating to networking
WK 5 (22nd-30th Nov):  Complete tasks 3c and 3d
WK 6&7 (1st-11th Dec):  Compile Assesment Portfolio for Module WBS3002
12th Dec-6th Jan: Review all tasks and portfolio making sure each task has been looked at in depth

I feel this timeline will help me to not get so overwhelmed allowing me to tackle tasks one by one making sure I give each enough time.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Laura!

    This is a great idea! I think i might even make one for myself too!! It's good to see everything planned out right in front of you so you can see whether your getting behind. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I am feeling a little over whelmed as am also involved in a xmas show, dancing and choreographing whilst trying to do as much of my teaching still as i can and putting in time and energy into my BAPP work. I think i will follow your lead and set my self a study plan so i can focus on one thing at a time.

    Not sure if you read my reply to an earlier post of yours so sorry if i am repeating myself...but its nice to find people who have simular experiences as me, what Belinda King ship did you work on? With regards to some of my pictures we never had to sign a release form about ones in costume so just gos to show how things have changed in a short space of time.
    I worked with Rebecca Wayman for two contracs and we are really good friends...small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura!

    I've just read your schedule and think it's a brilliant idea! I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the abount of work just like Cerys and yourself and am now setting aside the day to get my study time planned!

    I too start a new contract fairly soon so am hoping to get as much of the BAPP work done as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all found it helpful. I think when we are trying to juggle school work and contracts it is important to set some targets to meet. In response to Cerys I worked on the Queen Victoria and Queen Mary 2 world cruise cast this year, great contract! I wish I could have got pictures like yours from the show. I have videos from the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! I agree this is a great idea. I am determined not to fall behind in terms of completing module sections by the deadline (the weeks being stipulated in the module handbook). I hadn't really thought of creating a timetable breaking the sections down further. I must admit, I felt really behind in the Reflection section so spent an entire 2 days hammering out the work. I find it quite hard to do this as I am a bit of a perfectionist and like to have enough time to think over things, knowing that the work I produce will be of a good standard. Today, I am going to read the rest of the Reader again and plan through til January! Thanks for the post! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I am absolutely jumping on the band wagon here. I think because so many things in our industry can be last minute (castings, job dates etc) it is vital that we plan for this in our schedules! It may seem simple, but time really does fly, especially with all the Christmas work. So thanks Laura for this and good luck!

    ReplyDelete