Monday 15 November 2010

Reflective Practices- poem!

No dancing at the moment and feeling like I don't have too much to reflect on, I decided to take a note out of Adesola's blog and write a poem. I am currently doing a lot of promotional work working 3 days a week demonstrating kids toys in Debenhams- a mystery UFO and talking monkey! Finding this a challenge compared to doing what I love I definitely have learnt the difference between a job and a career. In a job, a minute feels like an hour, an hour like a day. In a career time flies, you are doing what you love and before you know it a 4 month contract is up. So sat down in Pret a Manger Thursday lunchtime I started to come up with a short poem. Having never really written poems before it was a challenge but I found it quite fun!

Working all week 9 to 5 for some money,
Demonstrating toys compared to dance is kinda funny,
Standing on my feet all day not doing what I enjoy,
Sneak an extra long break was I the best one to employ?

Counting every minute the day goes by so slow,
By 5pm I'm tired, hungry and feeling kinda low,
Missing dancing oh so bad I cannot help my feet
They hear a song come on in store start to move to the beat

With a UFO in hand and dave the monkey on,
I put a smile on my face and remind myself it wont be long,
Before I'm standing on a stage dancing to a crowd
Adrenaline pumping through my veins hearing them cheer so loud

Walking to the station the fastest I've moved all day
Just cant wait to get home wait to get some pay
5 more weeks to go the countdown has begun
Before my dancing shoes are on, Holland here I come!

Well there it is. My attempt at a poem. Slightly embarrassed to post this I eventually plucked up the courage. I think what it reflects is how down I am about the work I am in at the moment and how I cannot wait to start my contract. These are some thought that have been coming up a lot in my journal at the moment. I am anticipating the start of something new. It will be interesting to compare my feelings now with when I actually get and start my contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment