Monday 7 February 2011

New Term... new thoughts!!

Hello BAPP Network!!
After a busy time I am finally back and ready to continue this course. I have recently done a contract in Holland and I am currently waiting on a Visa for another contract in the States. I wanted to quickly blog about how important my current network has become to me in this process.
For the type of Visa I am getting I must not only send off any certificates in dance, records of high achievement and published materials I have been in, but also references. My network has proven to be of most value here. I managed to contact past managers, co-workers, teachers and friends who all sent me some fantastic references. And you guessed it all through contacting them on facebook! This social network tool has proven to be of great use to my dance practice when it comes to finding work overseas and staying in contact with people from the past. It also has helped to contact people who I will be working with soon on contract.
Also, I blogged about last term about how you never know who you might meet. Turns out a guy that worked in the wardrobe department in my previous job in the States is now the Artistic Director of this new show. He had seen me dance before and when a girl from New York pulled out and couldn't do it, I got the job. Strange how things work out, but proved my point of you never know who is watching you and how that may help in the future.
So with those thoughts out there, I am going to tackle this Course Reader 4 and Develop some lines of Professional Inquiry. I have just scanned through the blogs so far and there are some good thoughts emerging that interest me also.

No comments:

Post a Comment