Friday 11 February 2011

WBS3002: Do web based technologies enhance professional practice?

Going back to WBS3002 and the question: Do web based technologies enhance professional practice? In my current situation: YES! I am currently waiting on my visa to take a dance contract in the USA. Here professional networking came into play as the Director knew me from seeing me dance in a previous contract. At the time he was working in the wardrobe department. When someone pulled out, he asked me to step in. We used Skype for about 2hrs to prepare my Visa. I managed to send all the relevant paper work by scanning important documents into the computer and instantly sending them by E-mail. I have connected with the Director, the Choreographer and all the dancers through Facebook feeling like I know them already. Initially I suggested uploading the choreography to YouTube, but this proved to take too long so I am now learning the choreography through my Facebook page while I wait. Without the use of these web tools it would make International contracts very difficult to achieve and when used correctly can definitely expand your professional career!

No comments:

Post a Comment